Looking for a ridiculously comforting (and easy!) chicken dish? This paleo and keto sheet pan chicken is most definitely it!
Paleo & Keto Sheet Pan Chicken 🍗💨
Ridiculously Juicy (and tasty!)
This keto sheet pan chicken dinner has got it all. It’s vibrant, easy-peasy, ridiculously comforting and super tasty. Plus, it’s a killer way to cook up your veggies so they come out extra tasty.
And think only 15 minutes prep time. After which all you need to do is check in every so often and baste them.
We’re also absolutely in love with roasted radishes (i.e. ‘potatoes). And they’re truly wonderful here as well! They soak up all the juices and make for an incredibly tasty side. Otherwise broccoli is rather marvelous here too with all the lemony goodness- you’ll just need to add it in 10-15 minutes before the chicken is done.
Oh, and we’re also rather fond of serving the chicken with the caramelized lemon slices (and the juices!). You see, after the nice and long roasting time, the lemon takes on a killer flavor and caramelizes to perfection; becoming completely edible. But if they’re not your thing, simply remove after roasting.
Paleo & Keto Sheet Pan Chicken
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs skin on
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar *
- 1 lemon juice of
- pinch cinnamon
- pinch Swerve or xylitol (or coconut sugar if paleo)
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper freshly ground to taste
- 8 cloves garlic thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 lemon very thinly sliced crosswise
- 4 medium shallots (or 1 red onion) peeled and quartered lengthwise**
- 2 bunches medium radishes trimmed and halved
- 10 springs thyme
- 2/3 cup water or dry white wine if feeling fancy
- 1 head broccoli separated into florets
- pine nuts lightly toasted
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar (if using), lemon juice, cinnamon and sweetener in a medium bowl (large enough to fit the chicken). Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and add in the garlic and lemon slices. Add in the chicken, cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (preferably overnight).
- Preheat oven to 425°F/220°C.
- Pour some olive oil onto a sheet pan or roasting tray. Spread around the bottom of the pan shallots and radishes. Place marinated chicken, with all the juices, along with the thyme springs. Pour in water and season the chicken liberally with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Roast for 40-45 minutes, basting every so often, until skin is almost fully browned. Scatter in broccoli florets around the pan and roast for 10-15 minutes more. Cover with foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes prior to serving. Garnish with toasted pine nuts (SO good!).
- Oh, and we're also rather fond of serving the chicken with the caramelized lemon slices. After the nice and long roasting time, they take on a killer flavor and caramelize to perfection; becoming completely edible. But if they're not your thing, simply remove after roasting.