Home » breakfast » Crunchy (Top Secret!) Grain-Free Granola 🥄 gluten free, keto & paleo

Crunchy (Top Secret!) Grain-Free Granola 🥄 gluten free, keto & paleo

1. Solora says:

Just made this, why didn’t I start making it a year ago??? It’s absolutely delicious! Going to experiment with some cocoa powder and vanilla next! Thank you so much, you truly are a keto goddess!! <3

2. Carole says:

Wow…no matter what you add or how you do it, it always turns out crunchy and so flavorful. I even tried adding cayenne pepper to give it a nice bite and that blew me away. I can literally live on this. I even throw it in my spinach salad with roasted green bananas, crispy bacon, sweet onions and cooked egg. How can anyone not love eating like this to stay in a Keto state? Guess what I’m having for supper tonight…lol…

3. Dana says:

Sesame seeds didn’t powder. I toasted in oven on pampered chef toaster stone tray. They were oily in texture and just spun around with sweeteners until I added sugar free breakfast syrup.

4. Ms. G.O. says:

You really should put a warning label on this recipe, I could not stop eating it! (Made a half batch on a Saturday and polished it off on Monday.)

Thanks a million for a brilliant granola recipe that will be a staple in my home.

5. Jenn BG says:

I LOVE this granola! I’ve made it every weekend for the last three weeks and find so many uses for it. I nibble as a quick snack, or lately I’ve been putting a serving over ricotta cheese sweetened with a little Swerve as breakfast. It’s so satisfying and has a great texture and crunch. With this recipe, I feel like I get to eat “regular” food. Thank you!!!

6. Melanie says:

Just made this for the first time and as it’s cooling in the pan I nibbles and nibbled telling myself, just one more piece…just that little bit sticking off the side….until I had to walk away to keep from eating the pan. This will be fabulous in the morning with vanilla almond milk, a few blueberries and some toasted coconut chips. Also considering adding cocoa nibs when I tire of blueberries. Thank you for the recipe.

7. Julia says:

Hi! I’m new to all this keto diets. I’ve decided to give it a try because the other diets demand to abandon meat and I don’t have energy all day and always hungry.
    I can’t understand 1 thing. WHY should you use sweeteners? I’ve heard they cause cancer. I’d rather don’t use anything! Can I use dry fruits instead? Or they are high in carbs? Thank you

• Paola van der Hulst says:

I mean if you’re talkig about Splenda etc then yes, but Erythritol etc are natural seeeteners. You need to decide for yourself 😉

8. Katy says:

I’ve made this recipe many many times and it is always a hit. I have made many substitutions depending on what I have on hand. I’ve used different variations of nuts, I haven’t used sesame seeds if I’m out, etc. The granola is definitely THE BEST with these sesame seeds, but it’s not a deal breaker. The one requirement is molasses, NO MATTER WHAT. The molasses is the absolute best part and gives an umami that’s undeniable. Also a decent amount of pink salt really amps the flavor. I love this granola!!!

9. Jenna says:

I used walnuts instead of pecans because that’s what I had, and I didn’t have sesame seeds so instead I mixed together stevia, ground flax, cinnamon and the blackstrap with my fingers. I did everything else per the recipe and baked it for twenty minutes and it was crunchy and perfect. Thanks for the great recipe!

• Paola van der Hulst says:

Remember at keto is not a list of foods, its a metabolic state… so similar how you can eat a handful of berries, you can eat other things in small quantities too (cue in molasses). xo!

10. JuliZ says:

Hi Paola, I’m planning to make this today but I’m confused about when to add the blackstrap molasses. If I add it to the food processor with the Swerve and cinnamon won’t it be a gooey mess instead of a powder? Should I powder the dry ingredients first and then add the molasses?
    Thank you for all of your wonderful recipes!

11. Sarah says:

Oh I’m excited to try this. In desperation I came up with a recipe that’s rather shockingly similar 😝. I didn’t make the sesame sugar — which I sure will next time! — and I haven’t ever whipped my whites, just tossed the whites through the nut mix. What’s the benefit of whipping the whites?

12. Chris says:

Sounds like a great recipe. Can’t wait to try it. Only comment I have is we tend to talk about Omega 3s in seeds. Great crunch and otherwise nutritionally, but the O3s are not usable to the human body from plants.

13. Nina says:

I really don’t care for the molasses or xylitol, but I love dark chocolate. I have 80% dark chocolate with only 4 grams of sugar. How can I substitute this in with your granola without the sweetners? Would the recipe still be the exact same ?

14. Loree says:

Paola, Where are you? Actually, I am just wondering about your elevation… I’m in a new city at 7600 feet, trying to figure out if, when you say “very high elevation,” and provide your baking experiences there, whether I will have greater or lesser affects of my new elevation! Thank you for making Keto cooking possible for me, a person new to the kitchen! (It’s like you are reading my mind, giving the answers to all the questions in my head, right there in the deets!) And thanks for your help!

15. Anna Knapp says:

Don’t hesitate, just make this, it’s delicious. I used just 6T of swerve, as a personal sweetness preference adjustment, and this is DELICIOUS. Just had a bowl with labne and a few raspberries: thank you so much for developing it!

16. Katy says:

Snow day here in Michigan today, so nothing makes a cold day better than some granola! My daughters and I are going to bake up a storm today with your site, and the first to get made is this yummy granola. You are truly a master and we’ve been delighted with every recipe you’ve shared. ❤️

17. Josh Stiller says:

The recipe is delicious! However, when I calculate the net carbs I get 14g per serving. Can you please show me how you made your calculations?

18. Pam says:

Your recipes are amazing! We live in Louisiana and it’s Mardi Gras time so I’m going to make your cinnamon rolls and decorate with purple, green and yellow cream cheese glaze.

We miss Red Velvet cake. Any chance you may be working on a recipe for that? Your butter-cream cheese frosting would be amazing with it.

All the best!