Whether served frozen or on the rocks, this keto strawberry margarita is sure to hit the spot! Think sharp fresh summer flavors, all finished off with a chili salty rim for extra boldness.
Paleo & Keto Strawberry Margarita 💃
Sharp and uuultra fresh!
I’m just going to implore that you don’t skip the Tajin chili rims (if you know, you know!). Needless to say, it’s the perfect match to the strawberries and lime mix.
And looking for regular good old margs? Head right this way for my ‘skinny’ keto version.
Totally optional… but then again, highly suggested! Choose a good tequila, and either blanco or reposado work great. Both nil carbs and great pairings, just a preference thing.
And if you’re a mezcal aficionado, a smokey one will be a *terrific* pairing too.
You’ve got options here, though your best bet is to use a liquid sweetener. My new favorite thing for this is sorta thing are allulose syrups (this one doesn’t have any added flavorings).
And, if paleo, maple syrup is the way to go.
But if you only have granular sweeteners around, don’t sweat it! You can dissolve your allulose (my favorite because no aftertaste, just be sure to add 30% more as it’s less sweet!), Lakanto Golden or xylitol (non-corn though to avoid tummy troubles!) in a little hot water to make sure you get evenly distributed sweetness.
And if using xylitol, make sure to be careful if you have a pup (or kitty!)around the house, as it’s highly toxic to the little guys! 🐕
And my top tip!
Strawberries and limes vary a lot in sweetness and acidity, so be sure to taste as you go and sweeten to taste.
And, one more time, don’t skip the Tajin chili rims. 💁♀️
(Ultra Fresh!) Paleo & Keto Strawberry Margarita
- Tajin chili
- lime wedges
For the keto strawberry margaritas
- 10 strawberries give or take
- 3-4 ounces tequila or even a smokey mezcal is *killer* here
- 3-4 limes squeezed
- 1-3 tablespoons allulose syrup or maple syrup if paleo (see notes for granular sweeteners)
- a little water to blend
- 1-2 cups ice as needed
- Get your glasses ready first by running a lime wedge through the rim and dipping it in the Tajin chili (*highly* suggested!) or simply some coarse salt. Set aside.
- Add strawberries, tequila, the lower amounts of lime juice and sweetener, a little water and blend until smooth. Taste for sweetness and acidity, adjusting with more sweetener or limes respectively.
To serve on the rocks
- Shake margarita mix with some ice to chill, add a handful of cubes to your prepared glasses, pour and serve.
To serve frozen
- Add two cups of ice to your strawberry margarita mix, blend and seve right away in prepared glasses.