These keto nachos (with our legit tortilla chips!) are ultra delicious and easy-peasy! Whip them up for quick weeknight meals, as the ultimate snack (ahem, weekend munchies!), and of course as a game day special!
With Our Legit Tortilla Chips!
There’s also not much to them, just a beautiful symphony of flavors. Think layer after layer of our chips, followed by a decent amount of cheese (pepper jack being my fav here), and a spiced up ground beef. Easy enough!
Oh, and if you want to take the lazy route and skip the tortilla chips you’ve got a couple options. You can either go the pork rind route (the baked pink Himalayan ones will work the charm), or you can even whip up some jicama fries (yup, seriously!).
Loaded jicama fries are epic, in any shape and form, and are something y’all need to try asap!
Our Keto Tortilla Chips
These are super duper awesome guys! I particularly love them with a ‘Dorito’ dust topping and some sour cream. Or equally epic with some guac!
There are a couple ways to whipping up the chips, and each will give you slightly different results.
You can either do the tortillas per usual, cut them up and pop them in the oven (or dehydrator) until crisp. Not much extra active time, and solid results for these nachos.
Alternatively, you can go the extra route to get puffy tortilla chips (!!). These do require you to fry them up and them pop them in the oven (so roughly 20 min more). Both are well and good, so read up the post for the actual tortilla chips for more deets.
I particularly love these Kalamata olives in my nachos, they’re totally optional but add a lovely depth. I totally forgot to add them pre bake (oopsie!). But if you do forget, simply pop them under the broiler for a few and pretend like it never happened.
And do go crazy on the toppings. It’s definitely a nacho requirement in my book!
More Keto Mexican Goodies?!
Don’t miss out on our keto burritos! So (so!) good.
Keto Nachos (With Our Legit Tortilla Chips
For the keto nachos
- 1 batch legit keto tortilla chips
- 250 g pepper jack cheese or cheddar
- black olives to taste
For the ground beef
- 250 g ground beef
- extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil, for cooking
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1/2 medium onion very finely chopped
- 2 slices bacon optional, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon ground cumin to taste*
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper freshly ground, to taste
- pico de gallo
- Mexican crema or sour cream
- Make a batch of our keto tortilla chips. Try and get them extra crisp by either using a dehydrator or leaving them in the oven at around 250F (time will vary, so check in on them every 15 min or so). Set aside to cool while you prepare the rest.
Cook the beef!
- Heat up oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add in garlic, onion, bacon (optional) and cook, stirring often, until the onion begins to caramelize (7-10 minutes). Add in the ground beef with the taco spices, and continue to cook until the beef is cooked through. Try and drain your beef of excessive juices so it doesn't turn your tortilla chips soggy.
For the keto nachos
- Turn on the broiler.
- In a baking sheet or oven-proof skillet, arrange a layer of tortilla chips, followed by cheese, beef and olives (optional). Repeat with a second layer and broil until the cheese melts. I prefer to do a quick broil to ensure the meat juices don't turn the tortilla chips soggy.
- Serve right away with toppings of choice.