Keto Brie Cranberry Cups
Nice ‘N Festive! 🎄
These keto brie cranberry cups make for one killer holiday entree! Think oozing brie, topped with my deliciously sweet and tangy cranberry relish, crunchy pecans and aromatic rosemary. All wrapped up in one killer (and easy peasy!) dough.
And at roughly 3g net carbs a pop, I’m very much in love.
So whether you serve them solo, or atop a bed of arugula (with a drizzle of balsamic!), these are bound to become a holiday favorite.
The (Dairy Free & Keto!) Dough
I’m using our famous Crazy Keto Dough (for everything!) here. It’s easy-peasyto whip up, dairy free, and you can leave the dough in the fridge for 3-4 days (i.e. you can whip up individual batches of several things!).
You can get three keto hot pockets out of a batch of dough. And also keep in mind that you don’t need to make it all into these pockets, as you can make actual keto tortillas, hot pockets, garlic breadsticks, (puffed up!) tortilla chips… and even some cinnamon roll knots! i.e. you’ve got options.
I like a mixture of super fine almond flour (Anthony’s super fine is awesome) and coconut flour (again Anthony’s, best taste and texture by a mile!). Add a touch of xanthan gum, baking powder, and we’re golden.
No substituting flours here and the xanthan gum is absolutely necessary. And, if possible, weigh your ingredients for consistent results.
Make Ahead ⏰
I’m very (!!) keen on meal prepping ahead of time, particularly if entertaining. And these keto brie cranberry cups are ideal when having guests over.
Simply assemble the cups a day before, wrap the muffin tray with cling film, and bake straight from the fridge as needed.
(Festive!) Keto Brie Cranberry Cups
For the dough:
- 1 batch Crazy Keto Dough
For the keto brie cranberry filling
- 1 5-inch wheel brie cheese diced
- 40 g roughly chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon very finely minced rosemary
- 100 g keto cranberry relish or cranberry sauce of choice
To serve (optional):
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- balsamic vinegar to taste
For the dough:
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Whip up a batch of our Crazy Keto Dough. Allow dough to rest for 10 minutes while you prep the rest (and up to 5 days in the fridge).
- Break the dough into eight 1” balls (26g a piece). Roll out between two sheets of parchment or waxed paper with a rolling pin or using a tortilla press. If fuzzy about presentation, trim edges. The dough recipe (inevitably) makes a bit extra, so I suggest turning it into crackers.
- Fit pastry rounds onto a muffin tray. Fill with brie, pecans, rosemary, cranberry relish, and brie again. Finish off with freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Bake for 10-16 minutes (depending on thickness), until pastry is golden and cheese is fully melted. Keep an eye on them, as coconut flour has the tendency to suddenly brown very quickly! Serve right away.
- These guys are best served warm and straight from the oven, but they also do re-warm quite well.
- Note that you can assemble the cups a day before, wrap the muffin tray with cling film, and bake straight from the fridge as needed.