Slow Cooker Pulled Skirt Steak ?
Gluten Free & Ketogenic
This pulled skirt steak, the result of a 6 hour slow cook in your crockpot, is as tender and flavorful as can be. i.e. It’s a melt-in-your-mouth-flavor-bomb situation.
Think one killer combo of spices, freshened up with a touch of orange, and cooked until it’s so tender that it shreds away.
Plus, if keto, we’re talking about 2g net carbs per 170g serving (i.e. a very generous serving!). And, you can go ahead and pair it up with our grain-free keto tortillas (just 2g net carbs). Ideal!
Oh, we highly suggest taking the Mexican route. ie. tacos! ?
If gluten free, opt for corn tortillas or try our suuuper pliable gluten free ‘flour’ tortillas.
Now top with pickled chipotle avocado, a touch of cotija cheese (or feta), fresh parsley, and a generous squeeze of lime. Oh, and if you cannot get hold of skirt steak, feel free to sub in for flank steak. No biggie.
Slow Cooker Pulled Skirt Steak ? Gluten Free & Keto
- 1 kg skirt steak
- 1 teaspoon paprika sweet or smoked
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 4 cloves garlic ran through a press
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- juice of one lemon
- 2 cloves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Mix together in a small bowl paprika, chili powder, oregano, salt, pepper and cumin. Rub your seasoning on all sides of your skirt steak. Set aside.
- Mix together in a medium bowl orange zest, garlic, orange juice, soy sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, and cloves. Set aside.
- Pour in olive oil into your crock pot or slow cooker. Add your seasoned skirt steak and pour your orange juice mix over it. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours, turning over your beef half way through.
- Take your meat out of your slow cooker and allow it to rest for 10 minutes. Shred it with two forks and serve it right away.