Home » ice cream » Suuuper Creamy No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream 🍦🎥 gluten free, keto & paleo

Suuuper Creamy No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream 🍦🎥 gluten free, keto & paleo

1. Beckie says:

So awesome!

Thank you! I tried the chocolate version yesterday for the first time, and it was the most amazing keto dessert yet! It doesn’t even seem keto (and i had a bit of a cheat week a few days ago, so my taste buds aren’t even that adjusted yet).

I followed the recipe with extra extract and didn’t have any problems. The longer you freeze it the more icecreamy it feels and if you pull it out early its more of a mousse, but my whole extended non keto family LOVED it! You can also skip the whip cream part for a decent keto pudding!

2. Helena says:

This vanilla ice cream is fabulous. I made it exactly per the recipe. It does not have a coconut flavor to it. However, it freezes ROCK SOLID and does not soften like traditional ice cream. Even after being out in a 75 degree room for 30 mins, still a solid block. I’m confused because the recipe says it won’t freeze solid, yet mine did. I love this recipe and want to make it again, but eating it is almost torturous because you can only scrape little bits at a time that have softened.

3. Nicholas Grant says:

Recipe seems to work, texture is good, etc…
    It tastes like coconut though. I went heavy on the vanilla extract too (6 tsp). It just tastes like vanilla coconut ice cream. Not necessarily bad but it’s not vanilla.

• Sharon says:

I just tried replacing half the salt with baking soda and it worked to minimize the taste of coconut. It did not taste like baking soda was in there either.

4. Michele says:

Hi Paola,
    Sorry if you’ve already answered this but can you use granulated stevia? My husband is not suppose to have xylitol or erythritol due to liver disease. Any advice would be appreciated. We love this recipe so much!

5. Britt says:

SO I have tried many recipes on here and I love most of them. I’m sure I will love this one as well once I change sugars. I did it with Swerve this time and made half of the recipe just to try it out . Up until about hour 6 it was scoopable and similar to frozen whipped cream. ( I used 3 tsp of extract and also a little extra xanthan gum). Now, it’s rock hard and has crystals and when it melts it’s still a bit icy in texture. The flavour is good, so I’m excited to try with xylitol or allulose :-).

Thanks for all of the amazing recipes…. I’m trying donuts next

6. Belle says:

This recipe isn’t entirely clear. Am I using powdered sweetener or granulated? Am I mixing the coconut milk over the stove until it’s thick, or just until it’s all blended together?

7. Alicia says:

Please help, not sure what I’m doing wrong. I made this recipe four times. The first two times it came out pretty good, however, the last two times the final mixture looked like curdled milk. Any suggestions?

8. Heidi Numme says:

made this. its so great. I used a bit of Rum in it as the alcohol, and it is a great texture even after being in freezer for a week. Just let it stay out for a little bit before scooping it up. I chopped a bit of sugarfree chocolate and a tablespoon of half melted peanutbutter..poured it over. I am in heaven. I started with this vanilla version, and its a perfect basic recipe. Amazing. I will be trying your other flavours next. You make living with Keto doable ,even super enjoyable. Thank you!!!

9. littleleftie says:

Wow! I made the chocolate cake (one layer only) and this ice cream yesterday. Topped the cake with chocolate butter cream frosting—-it was absolutely fantastic! Has to be the best keto dessert I’ve had to date.
    I added in 1 tbsp of Grand Marnier and although I didn’t really taste it, it surely allowed us to scoop the ice cream without having to wait to thaw.
    All of your recipes are winners!!! Thanks alot.

10. Ryan says:

Hello! This recipe looks great! Just a couple questions, 1) how would allulose work here? I’ve read it does most thinks pretty well, curious how it is with freezing. Has anyone tried? Also has anyone else tried the dairy free one with just coconut milk? How has it turned out. Thanks!!

11. Safiyya Kamalodeen says:

I made this and my entire family loved it and couldn’t believe this was low carb ice cream! Came out perfect the first time around and it was my first time making keto dessert! Love your recipes

12. Alex says:

Help! I accidentally added the vanilla extract to the milk mixture. I didn’t want to throw it all out so I’ve let it cool but it is not jelling up as you describe. Everything else was exact to the recipe. Will mine thicken up and be useable? If not, is there anything I can do with it? Thank you!

• Paola van der Hulst says:

Don’t worry! The reason you add the extract at the end is because the alcohol evaporates with heat so you lose some vanilla kick. If you added the xabthan gum and it’s not too solid don’t sweat it (keep in mind the chocolate will be super thick because of the added cocoa, vanilla for me is more jelly like after chilling). Different brands can give you diff results, but just keep going xo!

13. Genevieve says:

Hi paola! Thanks for the recipe again. It was a good base for me to work with. Mine came out really kinda icy and abit like wet sand texture, bits breaking off and it was hard and not creamy. I suppose it was cos i tried my own variation. I replaced the coconut milk with 400g of cream cheese instead and tried to make ice cream out of that, think my ratio was wrong? I added xanthan gum and xylitol and followed everything else u stated! How can i improve it? Ps: can i use allulose instead of xylitol?

14. Bren says:

Amazing!!!! I used the bullet to powder the xylitol before, this was amazing! Everyone who has tried it loves it and actually prefers this to the sugar one! I tried with powdered monk fruit and it didn’t work, stick to the xylitol. I also tried it in the ice cream maker to see what would happen and it worked better without the churn! Now I’m trying to figure out how to make flavor variations with this as the base?

• Nina Saville says:

Hi Paula,
        Can U use Sukrin Gold?. Also does the sweetener has to be powder? If so can I use Sukrin powder.
        I will be making the chocolate ice-cream.
        Which immersion whisk do you use?
        Love your recipes. Especially bread and bagles.
        Thanks.

15. Keisha says:

I made it twice. First like the recipe and it was a little icy. A second time I used egg yolks 3 to be exact and also 59-50 mix of heavy whipping cream and coconut milk with erythriol as the sweentner both times. I loved it with the way it came our perfect the second way as I’m strictly keto. My husband has ulcerative colitis and said it was the best homemade ice cream ever.

16. Sherry says:

Silky, creamy, delicious, and my husband said, “Oh, this is really good ice cream” – so tomorrow I’ll make chocolate so he doesn’t eat all of mine! I was surprised how much ice cream this recipe yielded, not that I’m complaining😁. I threw in a few Lilly’s chocolate chips at serving but I think I’ll make some sugar-free hot fudge sauce for it. The idea is tempting.

Thank you Paola! Great recipe 👌

17. Sherry says:

I’ve been wanting to make the vanilla and chocolate ice cream for a while, and tomorrow’s the day. I have a quart of heavy cream that needs to be used soon. I’ming to use vanilla bean paste to get some seeds without spending $8 for one vanilla bean (I know they’re cheaper at Trader Joe’s but that’s 40 miles from here).

Should I use the 6 tsp. ? If so I’ll delete the vodka. The weather’s getting warm now so ice cream is on my mind!

18. genevieve says:

Hi Paola, crossing my fingers and hoping you can help me to figure out a tweak to the recipe. I’d like to make cheesecake ice cream. But 2 issues.. 1) i don’t think i can use a can of coconut milk in the first part of the recipe anymore because it would overwhelm the delicate cheesecake flavor, can i use less or can i replace with full cream? 2) i have no idea how to adjust the ratios of the recipe to do this. I know with the chocolate and the espresso you just add powder to the first part, but with cream cheese it’s gonna be significantly more liquid involved. can you give me some guidance? thank you!!

19. Terry Honstead says:

I’ve made ice cream with coconut cream before, and it always comes out grainy instead of smooth like it would wit cream. Do you have any other suggestions for ice cream made without dairy? Ice cream is one of my favorite foods, but i’m Trying to be dairy free!!

20. Fatima says:

Your work makes me so happy. I love the keto lifestyle and love it even more knowing I can still enjoy certain treats. Thank for all your hard work.

Do you have a recipe book for all your deserts?

21. Danielle says:

Hi, made this yesterday morning and had some last night, amazing flavour, tastes creamy, but I found that it didn’t seem as cold as ice cream gets and there was icy particles. I followed recipe, had all ingredients.