This paleo and keto pumpkin spice latte is pure fall in a mug! Prep a large batch to-go for the week and feel free to ‘bulletproof’ it (with MCT oil and grass-fed butter!).
Paleo & Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte
Suuuper Creamy… at just 2g net carbs!
This homemade paleo and keto pumpkin spice latte is the definition of fantastic! You get all your fall flavors, perfectly balanced, with no artificial ingredients in sight.
Its a ridiculously creamy, and totally delicious, way to start your day!
Plus, you’ll definitely get more bang for your buck. Surely beats a Starbucks run!
p.s. Adding MCT oil and grass-fed butter is totally doable! Dave Asprey gets full credit for introducing us all the wonderful concoction that is ‘Bulletproof’. Worth checking out his site for more info and solid products (not sponsored in any way).
Feel free to whip up a large batch of the pumpkin and spice mix for your week’s lattes (i.e. meal prepping supreme!).
Make the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice mix and sweetener blend. Allow to cool and refrigerate for up to 5 days, simply adding it to your coffee’s milk each morning.
The Pumpkin Pie Spice
I recently made a homemade pumpkin pie spice batch, with freshly grated nutmeg… and it surely beats a store bought mix!
But if grating and mixing up ain’t your thing, this pumpkin spice mix is good and solid!
Pick your poison! But if I may, allow me to suggest my current favorite, allulose! This ‘rare sugar’ is zero GI, no stomach rumbles (!!), tastes like sugar and is pet friendly (!!!!!!).
And if paleo, or not restricted by sugars, coconut sugar, maple syrup or raw honey all work the charm.
And if using xylitol, make sure to be careful if you have a pup (or kitty)around the house, as it’s highly toxic to the little guys!
Again, you’ve got options! Though I must say I like it best with an unsweetened almond milk and coconut milk mix. Adding a tablespoon (or two!) full-fat coconut milk makes for a much creamier result!
And finally, The Vanilla!
I’m a forever fan of Nielsen-Massey’s Madagascar vanilla for this pumpkin spice latte. And for pretty much every baked good, it’s seriously the best stuff.
Oh, and 1 tablespoon might seem like a lot… but it really isn’t. At least not if you want your pumpkin spice latte to taste like the more commercial varieties.
Homemade Paleo & Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte
- homemade whipped cream
- pumpkin spice mix
- Please see video for deets 'n tricks!
- Heat up pumpkin puree with pumpkin pie spice in a small saucepan over medium/low heat. Stir constantly for 2 to 3 minutes, until fragrant and cooked (it'll begin to smell like pumpkin pie!).
- Stir in sweetener of choice, mixing until just combined. The pumpkin spice mix can be refrigerated for 4-5 days at this point (so feel free to whip up a large batch for the week!).
- Pour in milk, and simmer until warm (watching carefully that it doesn't boil over!). Remove from heat. Add in vanilla extract and whisk until light and frothy, 30 seconds to a minute.
- Pour espresso or coffee in a mug, and add the pumpkin spiced milk. For a bulletproof version, you can alternatively add in some MCT and/or grass-fed butter at the end and blend it all with an immersion blender. Top with whipped cream and a touch of pumpkin pie spice.