Using our (3g net carb!) gnooda pasta, this low carb and keto pasta salad is ultra fresh and incredibly flavorful! A play on a traditional Greek salad, it’s bound to become a favorite side (or main!) all summer long!
Low Carb & Keto Pasta Salad
With (3g net carb!) gnooda!!
I believe this recipe post answers many of your questions: yes! gnooda totally works in all kinds of pasta salads!
As many of you long time readers know, we launched our very own keto pasta (gnooda!) a few weeks back in a special VIP sale… and sold out continuously! I’m happy to report that we’re keeping things rolling now and are ready to emerge from our ‘soft launch’ phase.
And, most importantly, it’s been beyond exciting to see you guys loving it! You have continuously given great feedback both as ‘product reviews‘ and in the cheesy keto pasta bake I posted a couple weeks back… and Tatiana (my partner in crime!) and I are beyond grateful for your support and trust.
My Top Tips!
Our pasta was crafted to work best with an ‘al dente‘ texture. Which, as you know, is fancy Italian for cooking your pasta to be firm to the bite (i.e. retaining some texture!).
And this translates beautifully into salads! So my suggestion is to cook your pasta at a rolling boil in salted water (very important!), for 5 to 7 minutes. I like to do 5 myself, but I’m known to like my pasta seriously al dente!
So while cooking it do as you would with regular pasta, and give it a taste at minute 5. If its too al dente for you, keep trying it every minute until you find your sweet spot. Just try to avoid going past 8 or 9 minutes, as the texture will be compromised.
VIP: make sure your pasta has cooled completely before adding it to the salad, otherwise your veggies will loose their crispness!
Low Carb & Keto Pasta Salad
- 1 package (3g net carb!) gnooda pasta
- 4 plum tomatoes diced (or 2 cups cherry tomatoes)
- 1 large cucumber peeled and diced
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- ¼ cup kalamata olives
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbles
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper freshly ground
- Bring 8 cups water to a rolling boil and add enough salt so it tastes like the ocean (about 1 1/2 tablespoons).
- Add gnooda and stir immediately. Cook for 5-7 minutes (p.s. expect a bit of foam!), strain, and set aside to cool while you prepare the salad.
- Add tomatoes, cucumber, onion, olives and feta cheese to a large bowl. Add in olive oil, vinegar, oregano and toss to combine. Add in the cooled pasta and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Top tip: chill the salad for 1 hour before serving to allow the flavors to mingle (optional, but highly suggested!)