Think of this overnight paleo and keto chia pudding as an ideal way to kickstart your day: a true nutritional powerhouse, plus a meal prepping dream!
Overnight Keto Chia Pudding
The Ultimate Combination Guide
Chia seeds are awesome. These tiny Mexican guys pack a whole lot of protein and add a whole lot of oomph. They contain large amounts of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids, plenty of high quality protein, and several essential minerals and antioxidants.
So if you’re on keto, and having trouble passing (you know, 💩!), chia seeds are bound to become your new best friends.
Plus, feel free to whip up a large batch and keep it handy in the fridge for the week. i.e. meal prepping supreme!
The Chia Pudding Master Guide 📓
2 tablespoons chia seeds 🥄
Chia seeds go a long (long!) way after an overnight soak. Plus, think 1g net carbs per serving (12g total – 11g fiber). Ideal 💁🏿
1 cup ‘milk’ 🥛
Our favorite here will forever be coconut milk, as it lends some natural sweetness to the chia pudding. Having said that, simply use whatever floats your boat here (even water!).
sweetener 🍯 (optional)
We’re all about limiting excessive use of sweeteners where possible, and in our opinion a few drops of stevia go a long way here. We particularly love SweetLeaf’s stevia vanilla drops for this one. But again, sweeten as much (and with whatever!) your taste buds desire.
toppings 🎩 (optional)
i.e. the fun part! Think anywhere form fresh berries and compotes (raspberry being our favorite!), to extracts (yes for vanilla!), to even cocoa/cacao powder (yup, chocolate pudding at your service!) or matcha.
More Combination Ideas
- Green tea matcha + macadamia milk + raspberries (fresh or in compote… see picture below!)
- Cocoa + hazelnuts + almond milk (think Nutella!)
- Cocoa + almond milk + raspberry compote
- Strawberries + Greek-style yogurt + almond milk
- Cashew milk + fresh blueberries + coconut flakes
- Coconut milk + lemon or orange zest (think citrusy vibes!)
- Almond butter + berries + coconut flakes
- Peanut butter + cocoa + almond milk (think Reese’s!)
- Peanut butter + raspberries (think PB&J!)
Lets face it, either you love it or you hate it. But for those of you haters out there, may I suggest you give chia pudding one more try by blending it until silky smooth?
This is easier using pre-ground chia seeds (which you can just grind yourself in your blender/bullet/food processor). But also works well using an immersion blender.
And, they’re particularly good this way with some added cocoa powder. i.e. chocolate pudding!
Fact is, chia seeds make a killer thickening agent. So feel free to add them to smoothies for an instant thickening action. We even add them to our bulletproof hot chocolate to make it extra thick and creamy! And nope, not a chia seed in sight.
Overnight Paleo & Keto Chia Pudding
- Mix chia seeds with your chosen milk (very thoroughly!), cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Add more liquid as needed to reach desired consistency (optional). Sweeten to taste and serve with toppings of choice.
- Chia pudding can be kept refrigerated in an airtight container for up to a week (i.e. it's ideal for meal prepping!).