These keto zoodles with a creamy mascarpone sauce are both super tasty and super speedy. Think 15 minutes start-to-finish, making them an ideal weekday meal.
Keto Zoodles With Creamy Mascarpone Sauce 🍝
Quick Meal Ideas!
Zoodles are a staple keto meal here at gnom-gnom, as with a little sprucing up they make for a killer (and ultra speedy!) meal. Plus, they’re super versatile; remember our breakfast zoodles?
The one trick to cooking up zoodles is to lightly sauté them in a little olive oil with garlic. Then remove them from the pan and drain any liquid. This way you avoid soggy zoodles and thinned-out sauces.
All in all, these keto zoodles are reason enough to always have some homemade marinara sauce handy, be it in the fridge or freezer.
They’re as easy as cooking up the zoodles and mixing some marinara sauce with mascarpone cheese, topping off with pecans, basil and freshly-grated Parmesan cheese.
Keto Zoodles With Creamy Mascarpone Sauce
For the zoodles:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil for cooking
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced or ran through a press
- 1-2 zucchini spiralized, to taste*
For the marinara-mascarpone sauce:
- Heat up olive oil in a pan over medium heat and add in garlic. Sauté for a minute or two until lightly golden. Add in zoodles and cook until lightly softened (but not fully overcooked), 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a colander and allow to drain while you prepare the sauce. Remove any liquid from the pan.
- Heat up a touch more olive oil in the pan. Add marinara sauce and mix-in mascarpone cheese, seasoning to taste. Add back in the zoodles and mix around to coat.
- Serve right away with freshly grated Parmesan, pecans, basil and black pepper.