Expect ultra juicy and incredibly tender keto meatballs paired with our (3g net carb!) gnooda pasta! Easy and totally delicious, it’s ideal for mealprepping and quick weeknight meals alike.
Keto Meatballs ‘N Pasta! 🍝
A scrumptious weeknight meal 💨
Not to sound like a total cliche, but a match made in heaven you guys! Craving a good old pasta meal, I took the liberty of whipping up our famous keto meatballs to pair with gnooda, our (3g net carb!) pasta!
The meatballs are ultra juicy, incredibly tender and yet easy-peasy to whip up; making it an ideal comforting weeknight meal! And for the win, whip up a large batch and freeze away for a rainy day.
Also I gotta say, we’ve been over the moon about how much you guys are enjoying gnooda! Let’s just say that ‘life changing’ has been a common thread in your feedback, and I cannot wait for you guys to check out what we have in store coming September.
Think new shapes (!!) and plenty of brand new recipes to get cooking into the holidays! Because things might look a little different for all of us this year, but great food will forever be a staple.
As you know, meatballs traditionally employ breadcrumbs for the binder (i.e. panade). It’s purpose is to add moisture and keep the proteins in the meat from shrinking and becoming tough. So to keto-fy meatballs you’ve got a few options:
- crushed pork rinds! these work surprisingly well in lieu of bread crumbs… as in very little discernible difference! And they really play up the flavors. In terms of brands (a very frequent qs), I like the Epic pink Himalayan salt or the salt & pepper ones (I don’t know why they have such horrible reviews on Amazon… I’m Mexican and like them quite a bit!).
- if keeping it kosher, simply throw in some almond flour! I find the almond flour to add a lovely depth of flavor, but they were quite a bit more fragile than with pork rinds (but tbh I didn’t find it to be a biggie at all!).
- or some actual keto breadcrumbs via our soft ‘n fluffy sandwich bread. Works great… though obviously not too practical, and you may not want to transform your hard work into crumbs…!
Keto Meatballs (with 3g net carb pasta!)
- parmesan cheese freshly grated
- fresh basil ribboned
- Whip up a batch of our keto meatballs. For the win, whip up a large batch and freeze away for a rainy day.
- Bring 8 cups water to a rolling boil and add enough salt so it tastes like the ocean (about 1 1/2 tablespoons).
- Add gnooda and stir immediately. Cook for 7-9 minutes (p.s. expect a bit of foam!), strain, bring it back to the pot and mix in with the meatballs and marinara.
- Serve right away with freshly grated parmesan cheese and fresh basil.