Extra Crisp Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal ๐Ÿฅ› gluten free, keto & paleo

Our gluten free and keto cinnamon toast crunch just got a big makeover, making it much (muuuch!) crunchier. Plus less ingredients and just 2g net carbs a serving!

Gluten Free, Low Carb & Keto Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal #keto #ketobreakfast #lowcarb #cereal #glutenfree #healthyrecipes

Grain Free & Keto Cinnamon Toast Crunch ๐Ÿฅ›

Now Extra Crunchy!ย โšก

Weโ€™ve got grain free keto cinnamon toast crunchย cereal, and weโ€™re (most definitely!) sharing. Hereโ€™s your childhoodโ€™s cereal bowl dream, low carb and with all non-processed ingredients. And most definitely, one of our favorite sweet treats we’ve cooked up as of late.

Who doesnโ€™t remember getting home from school, and devouring a bowl of good-old cinnamon toast crunch with iced-cold milk. Or that late-night snack.ย That flavor will forever be engrained in our tastebuds. And since we’re in this woe for good, we thought we’d revive this classic for the sake of nostalgia.

Though do note that the taste cannot be replicated exactly, blame it on artificial flavorings, refined sugars and processed carbohydrates. But trust us when we say that it will more than satisfy your cinnamon toast crunch cravings. And more.

And talking about ideal, you can always freeze half the dough for a rainy day.ย ๐ŸŒง

Keto-fiedย ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿฟ

Keeping keto macros in mind, aside from making this classic cereal low carb, we made sure to up the fat in these keto cinnamon toast crunch.

And we absolutely adore grass-fed butter as the fat here. Though do note that coconut butter can be subbed in, just note that the resulting cereal will be denser and therefore slightly less crunchy.

So at 2g net carbs, we find these keto cinnamon toast crunch to be a very good deal. Particularly compared to the whooping 19g net carbs of the original!

Though let’s face it, just like with the original, you might be doubling the serving size on occasion always. Still, 4g net carbs.ย ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿฟ

Essentially a cookies & milk sorta thing, it makes for one truly special keto breakfast treat.

The Deetsย ๐Ÿ”

Creaming the butter properly with the sweeter is paramount here to build a nice structure for the cookies (think rise and crunch!). And creaming with sweetener, in case you havenโ€™t done it before, takes a bit longer to incorporate than with good-old sugar. But donโ€™t give up, and keep going until youโ€™ve got the sweetener well incorporated into soft and fluffy butter.

The other indispensable thing, is that the dough be thoroughly chilledย before rolling and baking. Why? The butter in the dough has to solidify once again before you can roll it out and cut it up. Think 1 to 2 hours (or overnight).

And if the dough becomes too sticky while rolling and cutting, just pop it in the freezer for a few (and a sprinkle of cocoa powder always helps too).

Gluten Free, Paleo & Keto Cinnamon Toast Crunch ๐Ÿฅ› Extra crunchy & just 2g net carbs! #keto #ketobreakfast #lowcarb #paleo #glutenfree

The Cinnamonย ๐Ÿ‚

We made this with both Ceylon cinnamon and Mexican cinnamon. And it’s probably no wonder (as it’s much less pricey), but Mexican cinnamon won all the way. Its sweet and strong aroma is key to get your cinnamon toast crunch right.

Note: if your label doesnโ€™t say Ceylon, itโ€™s most likely the Mexican variety. So donโ€™t sweat it.

We found that super fine almond flourย did a killer job (solo!). Add a touch of xanthan gum, and weโ€™re golden.

In terms of brands, for the almond either Anthonyโ€™sย or WellBees work great. Both are super fine grinds.

The Sweetener ๐Ÿฏ

Erythritol lends a very similar crunch and chew to sugar for crisp cookies, and no other low carb natural sweetener does that (xylitol takes up to a day to crunch up and will result in chewy cereal!).

My current favorite for these guys? Lakanto golden without a doubt. Least cooling effect, nice maple-like taste. But Swerveย  and Pyure (at half the amount) are awesome too.ย

As for the ‘sugar’ cinnamon topping, you can either carry on with erythritolย orย use xylitolย  (with a preference for the later, as it has less of a cooling effect).

And if using xylitol, make sure to be careful if you have a pup or cat around the house, as itโ€™s highly toxic to the little guys!ย ๐Ÿ•

The Cut-Upย ๐Ÿ“

This really depends how OCD you are.ย But please forget your pastry cutter or knife here. It’s all about the ruler.

Wash up a ruler and use one of its edges to press down on the dough and cut it up. Then take a small fork and prick down each square to avoid excessive puffing.

But note that we timed ourselves and it took 3 minutes 40 seconds to cut up and do the pricking for the whole batch.ย ๐Ÿ™…๐Ÿฟ

Totally worth it for the sake of a true bowl of keto cinnamon toast crunch.

The Recipe Video

SaveSaveSaveSave

SaveSaveSaveSave

Gluten Free, Grain Free & Keto Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal 2.0

Course: Breakfast, Cookies, Dessert
Cuisine: American
Keyword: gluten free, grain free, keto, low carb
Servings: 10 servings

Oh, and if baking with cups rather than grams is your thing, just click on US Customary for an instant conversion.

For the cinnamon topping:

1. See recipe video for guidance!

2. Add almond flour, cinnamon, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt to a medium bowl. Whisk until thoroughly combined and set aside.

3. Cream butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer, 2-3 minutes. Add in sweetener and continue to beat until thoroughly light and fluffy and much of the sweetener has dissolved.

4. Add in egg, mixing until just incorporated. The mixture will appear slightly 'broken' (i.e. not thoroughly smooth).

5. With your mixer on low, add in half of your flour mixture- mixing until just incorporated. Mix in the rest.

6. Wrap cereal dough with cling film (saran wrap) and refrigerate for at least an hour and up to 3 days.

7. Preheat oven to 350ยฐF/180ยฐC.

8. Roll out the dough between two pieces of parchment paper until nice and thin. Using a ruler, cut dough lengthwise and then crosswise into squares. Prick each piece with a small fork (optional).

9. Transfer parchment paper with the keto cinnamon toast crunch to a baking sheet or tray, and place in the freezer for 10 minutes prior to baking. The shaped dough can be frozen for up to 3 months, and baked straight from the freezer (adding 2-3 minutes more to the baking time).

10. Bake for 8-12 minutes, until fully golden (depending on size and thickness). Keep an eye out for them, and note that if you like them crisp you'll want to push the baking time as much as possible (until deep golden).

11. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon 'sugar'. You can also do this prior to baking for a more 'crusty' result, both work well just depending on your preference so feel free to experiment.

12. Allow to cool for ten minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely, as they'll continue to crunch up (this may take a few hours for the sweetener to harden up again!).

13. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.

*Coconut butter can be substituted if dairy free or paleo. Just note that your cereal will be less airy (and therefore crunchy). Having said that, still much crunchier than our previous version!ย

ย

Gluten Free, Grain Free & Keto Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal 2.0
Amount Per Serving (40 g)
Total Fat 16g 25%
Saturated Fat 4g 20%
Cholesterol 33mg 11%
Sodium 234mg 10%
Potassium 6mg 0%
Total Carbohydrates 4g 1%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 4g 8%
Vitamin A 4.5%
Calcium 4.5%
Iron 4.5%

What’s Trending! ๐Ÿ†

Share the yummy-ness! ๐Ÿ“ท๐Ÿ’จ

If you made this recipe (or got a question!), be sure to simply comment below!

And do share your photo with your favorite Facebook group or tagย @gnomgnom.yum on Instagram (I love seeing them all!!)

The Latest ๐Ÿ’จ

1. Ping says:

Hi Paola, In the video you sprinkled some white powder on the parchment paper and the dough but no mentioned in the recipe instructions. Would you tell me what powder did you use? thanks, Ping

2. Ping says:

Questions for you
    How thin the dough that you roll out? What size of the baking sheet do you use?
    What size of the squares? How many squares approximately youโ€™d get?

Hi Ping! I use a standard half sheet baking sheet (i.e. not the professional baking ones). You can divide the dough in two and work in batches, just roll it as thin as you can. In all honesty I didn’t measure the squares and theres no way I would’ve counted them all lol! ๐Ÿ˜‰ xo

3. Bernadette Schell says:

Has anyone used coconut flour instead of almond flour? I only have coconut flour and want to try this.

4. Doris says:

Love the taste of these! I did encounter one problem: my cereal remained really soft and mushy even after prolonging the baking several times. I had to stop baking them to prevent them from burning on the top. I followed every step and made no alterations, but the only thing I can think of is that I didn’t cream the butter well enough. Could that be the issue?

5. Jennifer says:

I’m so excited to try this recipe. One question, do I use granulated or powdered sweetener for the dough?

6. Justine says:

Hi! This sounds amazing. What is the difference between using grass fed butter versus regular butter? I want to order to make and am trying to save where I can! Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Justine! It actually has a very different nutrition profile (vitamin k anti inflammatory properties etc). TBH it’s the one ingredient I do splurge on, but cooking wise you can use both regular or grass fed and it won’t make a difference xo!

7. Bet says:

Can I use another sugar substitute? Maybe monk fruit or stevia? And can I make less cuantity less say half of the batch I don’t have enough flour haha I suposse I just have to ajust the rest of the ingredients right?

Hi Bret! Keep in mind that you need an erythritol-based sweetener, so pure monk fruit or stevia unfortunately don’t work here ๐Ÿ™ xo

8. Diksha modi says:

Wow!! This was sooooo good!! The only thing I did different was I used less amount of sugar- 75g instead.. Iโ€™d probably go less cause I donโ€™t like it very sweet, and I didnโ€™t even do the post baking brushing with butter and sugar! Also, I didnโ€™t have powdered almond flour- mine was a lil coarse.. but it still turned out sooooo good and crunchy!! Thank you so much for this!!

9. Anna Rose says:

The recipes says flax meal can be used in place of xanthan gum โ€“ I havenโ€™t got any and Iโ€™m hungry! Am I right in thinking flaxseed meal is the same thing? That I have!

10. Anna Rose says:

The recipes says flax meal can be used in place of xanthan gum – I havenโ€™t got any and Iโ€™m hungry! Am I right in thinking flaxseed meal is the same thing? That I have!

Lol yeah same thing! Autocorrect must have booted the ‘seed’ thanks for the heads up ๐Ÿ˜‰ xo

11. Chantel Douglas says:

Hello. I followed this recipe exactly. When I try to bake them they would start to burn and were more a chewy texture instead of crispy what could I be doing wrong? I tried to cook them on parchment paper first then tried a silpat mat

Hi Chantel! I can’t tell for sure whats going on without being in the kitchen with you, but it sounds like your oven is running too hot, so your cereal is cooking too quickly (burning and not crisping up). Most ovens are miscalibrated (oven thermometers are about 10 bucks). Also keep in mind that erythritol (swerve) takes a couple hours to crisp up. Hope this helps!

12. Amy Zimmerman says:

I am new to the Keto world and honestly, cereal is one of the things I miss most. I just found this today and am going shopping right now. if they are as good as they sound and the reviews say they are…I WILL BE ONE HAPPY CAMPER.

13. Bree says:

Could I use baking powder instead of baking soda? How much baking powder would that be, and how would it change the cereal? Thanks!

14. Franziska Schwarzkopf says:

Is it possible to use Sukrin instead of Swerve? I live in Germany and would really love to try your recipes, but Swerve is really hard to get around here! Love, Franzi ๐Ÿ™‚

That really depends on how you cut it up etc Chelsea, for precision you need to weigh it (40g per serving!) xo

15. Rachel says:

Hi! Can I sub chilled ghee and coconut sugar for the butter and sweetener? Iโ€™m paleo and would like to try these!

Hi Rachel! Yes, they come out a bit less crisp with ghee, but still good! Just do 1 less TBSP of ghee xo!

16. Alba says:

Wow this looks so good! I wonder, could the flavour be changed? Maybe sub the cinnamon for dried freeze powdered strawberries, and add some strawberry flavor; then sprinkle with more powdered strawberries and xylitol?

Like a keto version of frankenberry cereal! What do you think? Could it work? So many flavor options if it did! Thanks for the great recipes and ideas, your recipes aren’t only “good for keto”, they are just as good if not better than the classical version. Thank you for all your hard work! ๐Ÿ™‚

YES YES YES! I’m actually working on a fruity cereal and I can tell you it definitely works ;)! It’s my absolute pleasure Alba, thank you for your comment! xo!

17. Kaysie says:

I would love to try these! Looks super delicious! Does it make a lot of leftovers? And how would you store them? In the pantry? In the fridge? I want to make them the day or two before I eat them but I’m not sure on the best way to store them. Thanks!

18. jan says:

In the video at 1 minute, it shows something white being sprinkled on the parchment paper and the ‘dough’ before rolling. Does not say what it is, and nothing is mentioned in that step of the text directions.

Whatever it is may not be necessary, as not mentioned in the text ?

Yeah sorry about that (not necessary!). I had sprinkled some arrowroot starch (low GI but higher carbs). Not needed as the dough doesn’t stick to the parchment when cold xo!

19. Christina Best says:

hi i love this keto cereal. it’s probably my favorite. But i actually prefer the old recipe over the new. The one where you had to add apple cider vinegar. I now wish i would have printed out the recipe. I’ve made the new one twice and it seems to fall apart in crumbs easily for me.

20. Jane Ritchuk says:

This was amazing. Mine did not crunch up they way I would have liked, but I didn’t care. They were actually more like cookies than cereal. In fact would make a GREAT crust was something sweet (just a suggestion). I will make again. The first time, I did not butter and sugar half way through baking and that may be the problem. Did not care, delicious anyway.

Hi Jane! So happy you enjoyed! For next time if they don’t come out crunchy enough for your taste, you can always do a double bake. So wait for them to cool and bake them again for 3-6 mins (depends really on your oven, just make sure they don’t burn!), open the oven door and let them cool down with the oven.xo!

21. kim says:

I made the cinnamon cereal and I LOVED IT! I actually liked the thicker ones as they tasted like graham crackers…. and who doesn’t like graham crackers? I ate mine dry as a snack at my work desk it was addicting! Thanks and I love your site as I’m new to veto and I’m finding lots of great thing!

LOL exactly! And yup on the graham cracker taste, which is why the recipe for graham crackers is exactly like this one (with less cinnamon!) ๐Ÿ˜‰ xo!

22. Bisha says:

May I use stevia powder in place of xylitol? I don’t get any of these ingredients in my country so I’m waiting for my xylitol to come in next week. In the meantime, I have truvia (stevia powder) which I use for tea. Please let
    Me know! Love your website ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Bisha! So happy you’re enjoying! Xylitol only works here for the cinnamon ‘sugar’ topping, or your CTC will come out chewy rather than crunchy. I’ve never baked with Trivia so I can’t tell you exactly. Is it just stevia? Or is there erythritol or something else mixed in? xo

23. Rebecca says:

I love your site and recipes! However, with the cursor changing constantly and all the pop up ads it’s incredibly hard to use. I suffer through it because your recipes are good but it’s frustrating every time I come to your site. I hope you’ll consider turning off the little cursor thing. I understand the need to earn an income so I’m good with clicking off the ads but the cursor is beyond annoying.

Hi Rebecca! Happy you’re enjoying the recipes. Most unfortunately I’ve learned quickly that you can’t please everyone. And yes, I most definitely need the ads to keep the content free for you guys, as running the site is not at all free for me to say the least. xo!

Hi Sam! In all honesty I haven’t baked with guar gum in about 5 years, as I never got as good results as with xanthan gum. Bob’s Red Mill I believe has a fairly good conversion chart from xanthan gum to guar gum. But some flax meal would also be a good sub here (twice the amount)- not a perfect sub, but good enough. xo!

24. Gloria says:

Dang these are so good! The texture was a bit softer than i’d like for a cereal, but i’ll try adding the butter before baking next time like you mentioned! Either way- SUPER tasty and satisfying. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Gloria! That’s awesome so happy you enjoyed! To get more crunch you can always heat up your oven back to 350F/180C, turn it off and pop them to dry out. You’ll be baking them (almost) twice and get much more of a crunch (think Italian biscotti) ๐Ÿ˜‰ xo!

It’s a 40g serving for the nutritional info (number of serving you get out of a batch is at the top of the recipe card) xo!

25. Alexis says:

I have the dough in the fridge now. Iโ€™m dying to have these tonight. Is it completely necessary to allow it to stay for an hour?

Hi Alexis! Unfortunately yes, otherwise it’ll be too sticky and you won’t get the same results ๐Ÿ™ you want the butter to solidify (also because if you put it in the oven melted, it’ll just spread!) xo!

26. Yaritzabeth says:

Can the egg be omitted or is there anything I can use to replace the egg? I really want to try this recipe but I’m allergic to eggs :\

Hi Yaritzabeth, unfortunately I haven’t tried with any egg subs so I can’t really help you here. Though I can tell you that things such as chia eggs wouldn’t work (think soggy crackers) xo

• Jennifer says:

Hi Yaritzabeth, did you ever try the recipe with any egg substitutes?

I also canโ€™t have eggs & Iโ€™m low carb- a difficult combo! Anyway, I may give it a try and if it works Iโ€™ll post back here so others can benefit.

27. Leanna says:

this looks amazing! if i want to reduce the amount of swerve/sweetener, do you think i would have to add more of something else to get the same crunchy result? thank you!

Hi Leanna! I have in fact made these cookies with no sweetener at all (they’re pretty much the buttery crackers recipe) and they do have a softer crunch, more shortbread like. So consider that when cutting the sweetener. Also keep in mind that I already cut the sweetener in half here vs traditional non-keto cookies. So you may even find the cookies themselves (without the cinnamon sugar topping) to be very lightly sweetened. Hope this helps xo!

28. Serena says:

Hi, I followed the recipe, I only used xylitol, and I cooked them longer, but they still werenโ€™t crunchy. What did I do wrong?

Serena.

Hi Serena! If you read the section on sweeteners, I actually advice against using xylitol for the actual cereal (erythritol works best). The reason for this is that once melted xylitol takes up to a day (or even two!) to dry out, so your cereal will be chewy rather than crunchy. It doesn’t have to do with cooking time, but with the molecular structure of xylitol itself. Hope this helps! xo!

29. Jessica Stein says:

I also made these this weekend (aside from your terrific waffles). And wow! Very crunchy and delicious! Very graham cracker like ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Jessica! I’m sorry to have missed your comment…! So happy you enjoyed and thanks for reporting back xo!

Hi Kim! Unfortunately coconut flour would result in soggy cereal, but have you tried sunflower seed or pumpkin seed flour? Many readers who are allergic to almonds use it! xo

30. dianars says:

OMG I’m such a fan of your old ones that the minute you said an improved version was out I had to try asap! And WOW you werent kidding! With the new ones let me tell you that I can no longer taste I’m eating keto!! Feel like I’m cheating now it’s nuts.

I used swerve and you do have to wait for them prob about an hour for them to be crunchy. I added the cinnamon topping right after baking. thnx!!

31. Zoe says:

Is the freezing step necessary after its rolled out or can they go straight into the oven? Thank you. VERY excited to try.

32. Roxana Lopez says:

I didn’t see (sorry if I missed it) and note of the actual yield for this batch. Can you give us a clue as to volume of a single serving? Thanks.

Hi Roxana! Volume wise I’m not sure as I do tend to weigh, but I calculated serving size for the new ones to yield 40g.

• Christine says:

So for CTC 2.0 make the gingerbread cereal recipe with only cinnamon as spice?Do I take anything from the CTC original versions recipe? Or just the gingerbread cereal recipe to the T? Minus molasses and spices?
        I really want SUPER CRUNCHY cereal ๐Ÿ˜‚ so I’d rather go for the crunchier one.
        Thanks!

Hi Christine! I’m sorry I missed your comment earlier, and I dunno if it helps now but the recipe has been updated to extra crunchy now ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hi Tami! In the instructions I generally include directions on storing, this one can be kept for 5 days ๐Ÿ˜‰

33. Jennifer says:

Yippee!! So glad I found this! ๐Ÿ˜ I’m paleo so don’t use xantham gum. I know you mentioned flax meal but is there anything else that would work? I’m new to all this … gelatin?! Or am I sounding crazy?!!

Hi Jennifer! So glad you found us! Gelatin would make them chewy, so it wouldn’t quite work here… I would suggest using flax meal for this! xo!

The dough is slightly more fragile, but if you’re having trouble handling it you can always pop it in the fridge for an hour and you should be good to go!

But you shouldn’t require much ‘handling’ if you roll it out between parchment paper and cut it up right over the paper ๐Ÿ˜‰

34. Brook says:

This was great but I got very different nutrition info when I put it in my fitness pal app. It says it has a lot more carbs. It says for 10 servings it’s 7.4 carbs.

35. Val W says:

Looks good but I dont know gram measurements. Perhaps the recipes can be given in both grams and cups/Tablespoon/teaspoon for those who live on the other side of the pond????

Hi Val! They are ๐Ÿ˜‰ Just click on US Customary at the bottom of the ingredients and you’ll get it in cups!

36. Suzanne says:

This cinnamon crunch cereal is delicious! I like to eat cereal at night before I go to bed and I have really missed cereal since going low carb. Thanks so much for the recipe!

Hi Shrey! If plain old stevia agrees with you and you enjoy the taste, then go for it! My one suggestion is that you sweeten it to taste at the end and that you increase the coconut flour by at least 1 tablespoon to make up for the loss of volume of the Swerve. The dough needs to be firm for it to crisp up. xo!

Hi Caroline! Which stevia do you have around? In the end it’s up to your taste preferences, if you like stevia go for it (I find myself that a brands such as SweetLeaf do leave behind some bitter aftertaste).

37. Shannon says:

Iโ€™m so excited to try this! Can it be frozen and used immediately from freezer? Also serving size says 30g. What is that exactly? Thanks so much!!

Hi Shannon! We’ve actually never tried freezing it rolled out already… what we did was freeze a round, thaw in the fridge overnight and roll it out etc.

Though given that these are essentially cookies, I don’t see why not?! You’ll probably need to up the baking time a couple minutes though.

And on the 30g serving size, we just went ahead and weighed it. So I cannot give you a cups estimate (as that would also vary quite a bit from how one person measures it to another). But what I can tell you (and I don’t know if this helps), is that 30g is 1/10th of the entire batch.

xo! Paola

38. Helen Guo says:

Hi Amy,

Any Keto (or non-Keto) almond flour replacement suggestions besides sunflower flour (something I could find more easily)?

Thanks,
    Helen

Hi Helen! I believe we had two different Amy’s there! Can I suggest that if there’s an almond allergy at hand (and keto is not an issue) that you give our gluten free cinnamon toast crunch a go?

It has substitutions at the bottom for buttermilk etc, and you can always still make it with Swerve or a low-carb sub rather than the cane sugar. But I must saw that the raw honey there is very nice!

xo Paola

• Helen Guo says:

I meant Paola, not Amy!

I am currently doing keto, so I’m curious whether there are other other almond replacements besides sunflower seed flour? I don’t have an issue with coconut but saw on an earlier comment that you didn’t suggest using coconut flour only.

Thanks!

The issue that I had when I tried it with all coconut flour was that they never crisped up. The flour ended up absorbing the liquid, never drying out and giving it an ‘eggy’ consistency… not ideal.

Unfortunately I have not found any other keto flour substitutes for almond flour other than sunflower seed… which if you live in the US you can order it through amazon? But you can also make it yourself by grinding sunflower seeds in your food processor (just be careful they don’t turn into butter!).

We definitely need another keto flour option discovered ASAP!

39. Amy Letzkus says:

Oh man I sure would love to try these but can’t due to being allergic to coconut … is there anything that would be a good replacement for it by chance?

Hi Amy! Are you keto or can you consume other gluten free flours? I might have a couple ideas either way (might not be exactly the same, but should work quite well). xo! Paola

• Amy Letzkus says:

So any suggestions to replace the coconut flour would br great..I am keto but allergic and would love to be able to have cereal for those dogs I just don’t want to cook lol few and far between but still nice to have also for my grandkids when they visit since my house is all keto now lol

40. Jennifer says:

So excited to try this!
    Is it possible to substitute all coconut flour or something else (but what?) for the almond flour?
    My son is allergic to all nuts ๐Ÿ™

Hi Jennifer! We weren’t too excited when we tried an all coconut version. But have you guys tried sunflour (sunflower seed flour?). We have yet to try it ourselves, but we have heard from a couple of readers that it makes a good sub! Hopefully it can help you guys! xo!

Hi Molly! So good to hear you’re enjoying our recipes! And agreed, we most definitely find this woe easier when you enjoy what you eat ๐Ÿ˜‰ xo!

41. Lekita says:

I don’t have a scale so can the “gram” measurements be approximated into “cup” measurements?

Hi Lekita, just click on US Customary at the bottom of the ingredients and you’ll get it in cups ๐Ÿ˜‰ xo!

42. Diana C says:

These taste seriously GREAT! I would agree that they are definitely not 100% cinnamon toast crunch, but given the lack of refined sugar I didn’t really expect them to be

I would imagine this is what CTC would taste like if it was made old school with non of that processed junk. And they’re actually VERY FILLING! So THANK YOU!

43. Tammy says:

If you choose the US customary and not metric calculations it changes on the screen but when you print, it converts back to Metric. Any way to fix?

Hi Tammy! Thank you for giving us the heads up on this! I’m checking this with the developers of our recipe software… but it might not be an instant fix. Can we talk you into just taking a screenshot of the cups for this time? xo!

Hi Stacy! Just click on US Customary at the bottom of the ingredients and you’ll get the recipe in cups. xo!

• JoAnne McClure says:

I tried to click for US measurements, but not everything switched over. It still left some of the measurements in grams, mostly just the flours. Can you help with this? Really anxious to try this. My husband is really “chomping” at the bit.
        Thanks for the recipes. They all look sooo good.

Hi JoAnne! I just checked and something is probably not loading right on your end. But here you go!

1 1/2 cups almond flour
          1/3 cup coconut flour

• Amanda says:

This looks delish, but Im getting confused reading these reviews and replies… The US measurements in your replies are not corresponding to the US conversion measurements listed above in the main recipe. Youโ€™ve replied 1 1/2 cups almond flour. The recipe above says 2 cups. Below you reply 9 tablespoons of butter, above it say 6 tablespoons. Can you please validate?

Hi Amanda! As stated in the post the recipe has been updated this year, so you’re reading comments from before. Just stick to the recipe card! ๐Ÿ˜‰ xo!

• Jackie Burrell says:

I don’t get anything at all when I click on that and never do on any of your recipes, so I tend to not make them. Oddly enough with all the internet has, finding a grams conversion chart is almost impossible.

Hi Jackie! Thanks for letting me know! There was an issue with the plugin a couple weeks back (and I literally got 20 emails a day about the conversion not working). You three are literally the only peeps who have told me about this, but I already emailed for help about this (web technology is not my strong point!). I’ll def get to the bottom of this (also because it takes me SO long to give recipes in both grams and cups so all of you can enjoy them!). Once again thanks for the heads up. In the meantime I hope this helps:

9 tablespoons unsalted grass-fed butter or coconut oil if paleo
          14 tablespoons Swerve *or maple syrup/coconut sugar if paleo
          11 tablespoons cocoa powder **
          1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
          2 eggs at room temperature***
          3/4 cup almond flour

• Gnom-Gnom says:

Hi Shana! We haven’t tried it with guar gum, but it should work relatively well (might be a bit crumblier though!) xo!

44. dianamai12 says:

My one complaint is that it’s hard to resist not shoving the entire batch in your face! I have terrible self control, so I’ll be freezing the dough in portions… thanks for a great recipe!

• Gnom-Gnom says:

Hahahaha… yup, we experienced the same ‘problem’. Here the suggestion to freeze ;)! Glad you loved it too though! XO!

45. Anne B says:

And here I thought I would be the first one to review! Behold the power of CTC lol!

So this was fantastic! And I actually found the taste to be fairly spot on?! So maybe not exactly the same, as mentioned refined sugars and carbs… but it’s definitely still cinnamon toast crunch! And I can give it to my daughters’ for breakfast tomorrow with a clear mind!

46. marge says:

so while not exactly like the boxed cinnamon toast crunch, they are delicious! cereal craving satisfied and my son loved it as well! will make again!

47. Jennifer says:

I cannot believe this is real either! But after trying your amazing keto tortillas I’m not surprised ๐Ÿ™‚

Just to get things straight (because I’m going to whip them up RIGHT NOW!), you cook for 4 minutes, brush with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, and then you bake for 6 to 8 more minutes? So a total of 10 to 12 minutes right?

• Gnom-Gnom says:

Hi there again Jennifer! hahaha we LOVE this recipe tbh!

You got the timings right! We found that the butter+Swerve+cinnamon combo toasts a bit too quickly, so you need to bake them for a few minutes first and then get them back in to crunch up! xo!

• Jennifer says:

AMAZING!!! I haven’t had them in about 6 years but I would swear they taste the same! THANK YOU they’re so awesome!

• Jennifer says:

I was afraid of burning them, so I think I’ll leave them in a bit longer next time. I took them out after 10 mins and they didn’t crunch up completely. But with milk it made no difference really! Thanks once again!