Home » fat bombs » (No-Bake!) Cookies ‘N Cream Fat Bombs 🍪 gluten free, keto & paleo

(No-Bake!) Cookies ‘N Cream Fat Bombs 🍪 gluten free, keto & paleo

These gluten free, paleo and keto cookies ‘n cream fat bombs make ideal small low carb treats, and require no baking (or cookies!) whatsoever.

Looking for more cookies ‘n cream Keto treats?! Don’t miss out on our (instant!) milkshake and extra crisp ‘oreo’ cookies!

(No-Bake!) Gluten Free, Paleo & Keto Cookies 'N Cream Fat Bombs #keto #ketodessert #lowcarb #fatbombs #glutenfree #chocolate #dairyfree #healthyrecipes
(No-Bake!) Gluten Free, Paleo & Keto Cookies ‘N Cream Fat Bombs #keto #ketodessert #lowcarb #fatbombs #glutenfree #chocolate #dairyfree #healthyrecipes

Paleo & Keto Cookies ‘N Cream Fat Bombs

No-Baking or Cookies Required!

Cookies ‘n cream ice cream (and milkshakes!) may’ve just been my favorite flavor growing up. Yup, I was a gluten fiend. But given Celiac disease and all, I realized a couple weeks back that it had been about a decade since I indulged. Immediate action required, and these keto fat bombs were the ideal solution.

And incidentally, these have now become my favorite fat bombs on the site. With the cookie dough ones as close seconds. Mission accomplished.

The Method

Now, in all honesty and despite how much I love baking, I wasn’t about to bake a whole batch of cookies just to crumble them up. But our keto tiramisu-for-1 with it’s instant ‘coffee soaked cookie crumbs’ came to mind.

It’s super simple. All you need to do for the ‘cookies’ is toast up some almond flour and mix in some cocoa, sweetener and butter. Once you get it all frozen up, you get that awesome mouthfeel of soaked cookie crumbs. Fairly instant, and no baking required.

Though, I mean, you can always go ahead and bake a batch of our gluten free & keto Oreos. They’re ace, and come highly recommended! Just do yourself the pleasure of eating them whole.

Grain Free, Gluten Free & Keto Oreo Cookies 🥛 Properly crisp! #keto #ketodessert #ketocookies #grainfree

The ‘Vanilla Cream’

The vanilla cream part of the equation is a quick interpretation of our no-churn vanilla ice cream. So yes, you can definitely go ahead and whip up a batch of ice cream add our ‘cookies’ and call it cookies ‘n cream ice cream.

Now, you can either use a mixture of full-fat coconut milk and whipped heavy cream for the most ‘vanilla cream’ flavor. Or you can do all coconut milk if dairy free and paleo (the coconut flavor lingers lightly in this one, but it works fabulously with the cookies).

The Chocolate

Cocoa or cacao? Both work great, just know that quality really matters here. Our favorite will forever be the Dutch-processed alkaline cocoa Valrhona, known to be one of (if not the) best cocoas in the world (also higher fat and lower carbs than many brands out there).

But feel free to use a raw cacao powder (arguably more nutritional perks here), though keep in mind that your cookie crumbs will be lighter in color and more reddish in hue. Both are well and good, as long as they’re unsweetened.

The Sweetener

Xylitol (not corn-derived to avoid tummy problems!) and allulose are, without a doubt, the best sweeteners for keto frozen treats. They help to retain the creamy texture (they work pretty much like inverted sugars!), even after freezing overnight (major!).

And if using allulose, just keep in mind that it’s about 70% the sweetness of sugar and xylitol (i.e. you’ll have to add 30% more).

Having said that, you can get away with using erythritol with relatively good results too. Though it most likely will freeze rock-solid, and you’ll have to let it hang out for about 15-30 minutes before digging in.

Now for the ‘cookies’ you can pretty much use whatever sweetener floats your boat. But it must be powdered to avoid any grittiness.

So get your blender out, make sure it’s completely dry, and process your sweetener of choice until powdered. Just make sure you wait a few moments for the dust to settle before opening the blender or food processor.

Or you can always grab a bag of powdered erythritol (just keep in mind its twice as sweet as sugar!).

(No-Bake!) Gluten Free, Paleo & Keto Cookies 'N Cream Fat Bombs 🍪 #keto #ketodessert #lowcarb #fatbombs #glutenfree #chocolate #dairyfree #healthyrecipes
(No-Bake!) Gluten Free, Paleo & Keto Cookies ‘N Cream Fat Bombs 🍪 #keto #ketodessert #lowcarb #fatbombs #glutenfree #chocolate #dairyfree #healthyrecipes

Gluten Free, Paleo & Keto Cookies 'N Cream Fat Bombs

Course: Dessert
Cuisine: Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Keto, Low Carb, Paleo
Chilling Time: 2 hours
Servings: 6 fat bombs

These gluten free, paleo and keto cookies 'n cream fat bombs make ideal small low carb treats, and require no baking (or cookies!) whatsoever.

Oh, and if baking with cups rather than grams is your thing, just click on US Cups for an instant conversion.

For the 'oreo cookie' crumbs

For the vanilla cream

For the 'oreo cookie' crumbs

1. Lightly toast almond flour in a dry skillet or pan over medium heat, until fully golden and fragrant (2-4 minutes). This is very important taste-wise, so don't skip!

2. Transfer toasted almond flour to a small bowl, and mix in cocoa, sweetener to taste, coffee (optional) and salt. Add in butter, mix until thoroughly combined. Press about 1/3 of the mixture into cupcake liners or silicon molds and leave the remaining 2/3 as 'crumbs'. Place both in the freezer while you make the vanilla cream.

For the vanilla cream

1. Add coconut milk, sweetener and salt to a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk until the sweetener has dissolved and the mixture is smooth (doesn't take too long). Transfer to a mixing bowl and allow to cool completely.

2. Add heavy whipping cream or cold coconut cream to a large chilled bowl and whip until soft peaks form. Mix in vanilla extract and the cooled coconut and sweetener mixture. Once the mixture is smooth, fold in the frozen 'cookie' crumble.

3. Pour your cookies 'n cream mixture into the prepared molds and freeze until solid. Allow to thaw for 10-15 minutes before indulging.

*Please see section on sweeteners for deets and possible subs. And if using xylitol, make sure to be careful if you have a pup around the house, as it’s highly toxic to the little guys! 🐕

**In terms of coconut milk brands, I’ve recently discovered Roland’s Organic Milk and I’m in love. It’s sooo creamy even right of the can, and has a much milder flavor than any other brand I’ve tried. Honestly cannot recommend it enough (can you tell I’m obsessed?!). Plus, it whips beautifully.

Please note that nutrition facts were estimated per fat bomb, assuming you make 6 out of a batch.

Gluten Free, Paleo & Keto Cookies 'N Cream Fat Bombs
Amount Per Serving (1 fat bomb)
Fat 24g37%

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

1. Micah Broderick says:

I put it all together without separating I to layers. I put the whole bowl in the freezer and eating it with a spoon like ice cream! Very good.

2. Vickie Geisler says:

These sound Fantastic! I’m definitely going to try this recipe this week! I’m curious if you have ever used pure monk fruit as the sweetener? Thank you for the phenomenal recipes!!!

3. Joanne Rimmer says:

Why is Stevia and Chocolate not a good combination? I thought that Stevia was the Best Sugar substitute because it is all natural? Thanks

• Darc says:

I was wondering the same. My Kroger don’t have swerve or the other stuff, just stevia or Splenda and we always opt for Stevia because it’s all natural.

4. Gina says:

UNREAL how much these taste like CnC ice cream!! The cookie crumbs are genius. I used mini muffin tin with silver foil candy cup liners pressing down crumbs with a muddler. Recipe made 24 with a small cup of “ice cream” left over as a treat. Even hubs who doesn’t like anything “fake” DEVOURED these treats. Starting my second batch- MUST TRY THIS RECIPE FOLKS!!!

5. Cheryl Deger says:

There are so so many different sized candy molds for sale on Amazon prime… May I ask what size candy molds did you use for your recipe??? I’m sure it would help a lot of other new cookers like me… Thank You…

• Darc says:

We’re not fans of coconut either, I had unsweetened almond milk so I used that. I also used Stevia in the raw because that’s the only sweetener we have/use. They turned out fine IMO. Will make again.

6. Okiegirl says:

Where have you been all my life?!?!
    I just discovered your recipes about a month ago and I have already made so many delicious things! They have all turned out fantastic! These cookies and cream fat bombs are seriously heaven!!!

7. Lisa says:

I don’t know how to convert grams to measuring out what you call for in this recipe and the only thing i could find was it converted into ounces. Am I missing something? Do I have to buy a scale to get the 20g almond flour and 11g cocoa powder for your No Bake Cookies and Cream Fat Bombs?

8. Lisa says:

O-M-G!!! O-M-G!!!! I haven’t even had a full serving, but licking the spoon and the beaters after distributing the filling was enough to send me over the moon! I can’t wait until dessert time tonight. This is going to fantastic! I can’t even remember the last time I had cookies & cream ice cream! It used to be one of my favorites and now it’s back in my post- sugar/gluten/grain life!!! YES! YES! YES!

• Lisa says:

Hey Paola! Last night I made a variation of this recipe using your coffee ice cream that had been in the freezer waiting for me to complete a 90-day cleanse. It’s a miracle the ice cream lasted that long in the same house as me. I made the cookie crust using the almond pulp left over from making homemade almond milk. This chocolate crust is an excellent way to use that stuff up if anyone’s interested. I slowly heated the pulp until all of the moisture was gone and lightly toasted it per the recipe instructions. After I assembled the ice cream cups, I topped it off with some shaved Lilly’s dark chocolate. Oh man!!!

I was so happy that even while doing the cleanse, there were still plenty of Gnom-Gnom recipes that were compliant with my program. So I could still get my fix. I ate A LOT of your BBQ wings and cheetos among a few other Gnom-Gnom favorites of mine. Now that the cleanse is done I can have a little more Gnom-Gnom fun. Strawberry ice cream and cheesecake here I come!!!

9. Nechelle says:

Made these last night and failed lol. Not the flavor or anything but my cupcake molds weren’t sturdy so the cream spilled out all over my plate😩 but luckily I had left over cream and poured it into a silicon bar mold I have and inadvertently made a cookies & cream bar and my word was it good. I went over my macros because I couldn’t stop eating it! I will say however I’m very sensitive to coconut flavor and it was a little stronger than I prefer, not bad at all, but I wouldn’t mind doing without. I plan to make C&C ice cream soon so is there anyway to sub out the coconut milk?

• Niche says:

Thanks for the advice! I did however end up omitting the coconut milk altogether, increased the heavy cream and added some MTC Oil Powder and this batch came out even better than the first! I found my go to keto ice cream recipe for the summer:)

10. Michele says:

Hi Paola,
    These are delicious and my husband is in heaven. I would love to make these for my niece but she absolutely does not like coconut in any form….crazy girl. Is there a sub i could use? Thank you again for all your wonderful recipes. We are having your tortillas tomorrow for dinner, wish me luck!

11. Jenny says:

As i opened this recipe to make these for the fourth time, i had to leave a review. These are so so good!! When making the cookie crumble, it’s worth it to add the little bit of coffee. Soooooo goooooddd! My hasbamd i both love eating these throughout the week. Thanks for the recipe!!

12. Macrofy says:

Wonderful recipe. Loved it totally. My only issue was that the vanilla cream was melting and I couldn’t get a thick structure of the cream. Can you help me out with this please?

13. Suzanne Macdonald says:

These are amazing! So crazy how you can think of these little bits a deliciousnous! This may be a stupid question, but here goes- when adding the butter or ghee, should it be melted?? I’m sure w butter yes, lol but I used ghee and didn’t melt it- because it’s already so soft- they came out delicious- but still thought I should ask for next time 😃

14. Marie says:

These are really fantastic. I’ve made them twice now, and while my coconut cream didn’t whip, it didn’t matter in the end – it was aerated enough to hold the cookie crumbs. I added peppermint essential oil to the second batch, because I used Pyure sweetener and it has a slight cooling effect, and wow – what a treat. Thanks Paola.

15. Sheila Walker says:

Hi Paola, I’ve been a little confused about the coconut milk used in keto recipes-are you using the cream from the can or do you mix it with the milk/water in the can first? I’ve bought a few different brands and found they all separate. Thank you!

16. Rezart says:

Ok, I am making it official. If I hit the powerball, I am opening a restaurant and you, Paola are going to be the owner. This talent must be preserved and cherished. Your creativity and delicious recipes are AMAZING!!! I just made the fat bombs, and I must admit I just used a bowl and made it look like ice-cream (not an ice-cream fan here), nothing like the pics you have, however, the taste is delicious. Even my kids loved it!
    I ate three servings, which is OK as I can afford high fat content (140g per day)…next on the list to try, are the drop biscuits and the tortillas…

17. Samantha L says:

Made these yesterday and I was not disappointed. They are so good! Mine formed little ice crystals inside. Is that from not waiting long enough for them to thaw before enjoying or the coconut/heavy whipping cream mixture being too runny? When I added the coconut milk and vanilla to the fluffed heavy cream it was the consistency of a thick protein shake. Also, I have been looking over the Vanilla Ice Cream recipe and I noticed some of the steps are similar. I may try a cookies and cream ice cream using the chocolate cookie crumble, if you have any suggestions that would be much appreciated! 😀 Again I don’t know how you come up with these recipes but well done they are amazing!!!!

So happy to hear you enjoyed them Samantha! On the crystals, you shouldn’t be getting them. So I’m thinking this could be because the HWC wasn’t whipped enough (as you mentioned)- the consistency should be very thick. Could also be that the coconut cream isn’t full fat? This is one ingredient that varies A LOT from brand to brand.

Otherwise definitely give the ice cream a go, as the added xanthan gum there helps to stabilize the mix. You’ll just want to make more of the ‘cookie’ mix (depends on your taste 2-3x more!) xo!

• Samantha L says:

I think it was probably not whipping the heavy cream enough. I’ll make sure to correct that next time. Also, the coconut milk I used wasn’t lite and it had about 14 grams of fat per 1/3 cup serving.
        Thank you so much for the ice cream advice! I’ll be trying that soon. I will let you know how it goes after. 🙂

18. Amanda Morrison says:

I must admit I made these as soon as your email came in! Couldn’t resist, cookies ‘n cream ice cream and chocolate have always been my favorite too!! And OMG you really never disappoint! The cookie crumble was fantastic!!! HOW on earth do you come up with this stuff? I could swear I was eating actual crumbled cookies, and the best kind. I love your recipes so much Paola. I also made the 15 minute pizza this weekend and the whole family happily dug in. You’re a blessing to us.

Oh man that cookies ‘n cream chocolate lol! And wow thanks so much for your lovely comment- always incredible to hear that the recipes are being so well loved 🙂 Thank you Amanda, hope you keep enjoying xo!

19. Holly says:

I am drooling after seeing that last picture where the fat bomb is slightly melted! These sound AMAZING and like exactly something I’ve been looking for! You can rest assured I will be trying these this week and will be thanking you over and over again! After I make them, I’ll report back and give you 5 stars! (Yes, I’m that confident that I’ll love them). Love your site!!!!

OMG lol! Now I REALLY hope you do love them 😜 so happy to hear you’re enjoying the site Holly! Thanks for the good laugh 😉