These chocolate peanut butter keto Easter eggs are absolutely scrumptious and a breeze to make! Think five ingredients and just 1g net carb a pop.
Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Easter Eggs
i.e. Fat Bombs!
Easter season in full swing, and chocolate eggs in all shapes and forms are hitting the shelves. So I thought we’d whip up my favorite Easter candies as scrumptious keto fat bomb treats!
With just five simple ingredients, these guys are proof that easy and simple need not be boring.
The Peanut Butter
While I generally favor homemade nut butters, these keto peanut butter eggs are an exception as you really want that creamy smooth texture.
My suggestion is that you go for an unsweetened and salted variety (I really like the 365 brand from Whole Foods).
Whatever peanut butter you decide, just be sure it’s runny at room temperature (i.e. that its natural). You see, the ‘always solid’ varieties have generally had some of the natural fat drained or have added emulsifiers.
The Butter 🌾🐄
You are eating the butter raw, so going organic and grass-fed really is a must here. Because, aside from the taste being 1,34049 times better, grass-fed butter has a completely different nutritional profile to regular butter.
It is loaded with Vitamin-K2 (which de-calcifies your arteries), anti-inflammatory fatty acid called butyrate, among many other perks. So if you have to choose just one product to splurge on, this is it.
And if dairy free, taste will be different but coconut butter will also work the charm.
You can pretty much use whatever sweetener floats your boat. But it must be powdered. I’ve tested them with Lakanto Golden, xylitol (non-corn though to avoid tummy troubles!) and allulose (just be sure to add 30% more as it’s less sweet!).
So get your blender out, make sure it’s completely dry, and process your sweetener of choice until powdered. Just make sure you wait a few moments for the dust to settle before opening the blender or food processor.
And if using xylitol, make sure to be careful if you have a pup around the house, as it’s highly toxic to the little guys! 🐕
Chocolate Peanut Butter Keto Easter Eggs
For the keto peanut butter filling
- See recipe video for guidance!
- Add the butter and coconut oil (or more butter) to a large bowl. Cream the mixture with an electric mixer until evenly combined and super smooth. Add the lesser amount of sweetener to start and continue to mix until light and fluffy. Add in the peanut butter and mix until just combined. Check for sweetness and salt, keeping in mind that the store-bought version is on the salty side.
- Spoon into moulds (or ice tray!) and freeze until hardened.
- Melt 3/4 of the chocolate in a water bath stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in 1/4 of the remaining chocolate until incorporated. Feel free to add a touch of coconut oil to thin it out (how much really depends on which brand of chocolate you use). Immediately dip the peanut butter fat bombs until evenly coated. Transfer to a parchment paper lined tray and refrigerate until set.
- Keep refrigerated for about a week or frozen for a month.