Ridiculously fluffy, super fresh and easy-peasy! These gluten free and keto blueberry pancakes will make for a staple summer breakfast treat (in just 15 minutes)!
Gluten Free & Keto Blueberry Pancakes
An Extra Fluffy Affair!
I feel like these keto blueberry pancakes taste like pure sunshine! They’re a spinoff of our (suuuper fluffy!) keto pancake recipe, one of those solid staples which you guys can’t stop raving about!
Let’s just say that “better than actual pancakes” and “the fluffiest pancakes I’ve ever tried!” have been dropped around a few times! And so I give you here a fresh summer twist with blueberries and hints of lemon throughout!
To get keto pancakes extra fluffy I use this fat-reduced almond flour! Similar to most peanut flours out there (such as Anthony’s), this almond flour has been cold-pressed to remove 80% of its fat. This essentially reduces calorie content by 50% (hooray!), and makes for some seriously fluffy baked goods (double hooray)!
You may also notice its a bit pricier than your usual almond flour, but take into account that you’ll be using half the amount (always)… which actually makes it roughly the same price once you get baking (2 cents/gram)!
Borrowed from molecular cooking, xanthan gum is the binding agent which makes your toothpaste jelly-like (and your cream cheese, well cream cheese-like). And it’s also the most common gluten-replacer in gluten free baking. And while you could technically replace it with about 2 teaspoons of golden flaxseed meal, the pancakes do come out muuuuch fluffier with it!
Tips ‘N Tricks
Honestly there’s no science to these wonderfully fluffy keto pancakes, as you simply whisk away!
The one thing to keep in mind is that, per standard with grain free baked goods, your batter will be a lot thicker than your standard gluten pancakes. So to cook, you’ll spoon roughly 3 tablespoons to 1/4 cup onto your pan or skillet and gently spread it with a wet spoon or spatula.
And do keep in mind that you can play with the level of fluffiness. I used 4 tablespoons of almond milk for these, but you could easily do 6 to 8 for thinner pancakes!
Oh, and also note that for the ‘milk’ you can do almond (or any nut) milk, half heavy cream half water, or even add some sour cream for a ‘buttermilk’ kick.
(Ridiculously Fluffy!) Keto Blueberry Pancakes
- 1 batch (suuuper fluffy!) keto pancakes *
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest freshly grated**
- 1/4-1/2 cup blueberries to taste***
- Whip up a batch of our (suuuper fluffy!) keto pancakes batter. Whisk in the lemon zest (or cinnamon- see notes!) and allow to rest for 10 minutes while you heat up a skillet or pan.
- Fold in the blueberries right before cooking.
- Add a little butter to the pan, pour in about 1/4 cup of batter, spreading it slightly to help it form a nice round (you can use a wet spoon or spatula). Cook over medium heat until the top begins to darken, flip and cook for 2-3 minutes more. Serve right away with toppings of choice!