Keto Bulletproof Eggnog Latte 🎄
Nice & (Suuuuper!) Creamy
You likely have already met our keto eggnog, and if you haven’t… well, we highly suggest you become acquainted ASAP! And we cannot recommend enough that you use some to whip up this keto bulletproof eggnog latte.
Think a special holiday morning treat. Or for pretty much any wintery a.m. if you really think about it. So forget store-bought creamers and get your keto eggnog on!
Oh, and 2g net carbs and 27g fat peeps. Now that’s, what we call bulletproof coffee. 💁🏿
The Sweetener 🍯
We find that the sweetness from (our cooked) eggnog is enough to carry the coffee. But feel free to add more to taste.
We would suggest sticking with Swerve or xylitol (same amounts), as they’re roughly 1-to-1 in sweetness to sugar. Also, no funky aftertaste.
And if using xylitol, make sure to be careful if you have a pup around the house, as it’s highly toxic to the little guys! 🐕
The Booze 🥂
Totally optional while making the eggnog… but then again, highly suggested! And we recommend you either go for a dark rum or a bourbon. Both nil carbs and great pairings.
Alternatively, feel free to whip up the eggnog with rum extract for a non-boozy alternative with the kick. Just be sure to red your labels, as many extracts are heavily sweetened. Or just go completely virgin, still absolutely delicious.
Fun fact: when eggnog made it’s travel across the Atlantic to the colonies, rum was a cost-effective substitute to the other heavily-taxed liquors. But during the American Revolutionary War, the supply of rum dried out, and bourbon began to be used as a substitute. So both rum and bourbon are the traditional alcohols of choice.
Go over here for an in-depth insight into our keto eggnog! 🎄
Keto Bulletproof Eggnog Latte
- 1/2-2/3 cup our suuuper creamy keto eggnog we use 2/3 cup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk warmed up
- dash nutmeg freshly grated
- 1/4 cup coffee or espresso shot
- homemade whipped cream optional (but highly suggested!)
- Blend together with an immersion blender (or whisk) the eggnog, warmed up almond milk and dash of freshly grated nutmeg. Set aside briefly, or warm up to desired temperature. Froth briefly again right before serving.
- Pour coffee or espresso into serving glass, followed by the eggnog milk, and top with homemade whipped cream and more freshly grated nutmeg (optional, but highly suggested!).
How do you get the whip cream so thick and dense?