This paleo and keto cookie dough (i.e. fat bomb!) is one of the easiest, yet tastiest keto treat you’ll make. Think just five ingredients and 1g net carb each!
Paleo & Keto Cookie Dough
Easy Peasy & Just 5-Ingredients!
These keto fat bombs are filled with healthy fats, on account of the almonds and either grass-fed butter or coconut oil. Keep them handy in the fridge for the ideal small sweet treat.
You can also indulge in these guys solo, or go ahead and dip them in a little dark chocolate and sprinkle with some flakey sea salt. Honestly to-die-for, and you probably know already we don’t take these staments lightly.
The Fats 🌾🐄
You are eating the butter raw, so going organic and grass-fed really is a must here. Because, aside from the taste being 1,34049 times better, grass-fed butter has a completely different nutritional profile to regular butter.
It is loaded with Vitamin-K2 (which de-calcifies your arteries), anti-inflammatory fatty acid called butyrate, among many other perks. So if you have to choose just one product to splurge on, this is it.
Alternatively, you can use coconut oil or butter if paleo or dairy free. Just keep in mind that a coconut taste will linger, though we must say it goes wonderful too with the toasted almonds.
Super fine almond flour does a killer job (solo!). But you must toast the almond flour beforehand!
This is the difference between a good and an exceptional keto cookie dough. The moment the toasted almond flour is incorporated with the butter, the cookie dough becomes ridiculously aromatic. Pure magic really. ✨
The Keto Chocolate
Bake Believe currently makes my favorite keto chocolate (white, milk & dark). They have incredible texture, with very (very!) little aftertaste*. Imo, they might even be better than Lily’s… And this isn’t sponsored btw, just happy to recommend per usual.
* I did notice that the cooling aftertaste was accentuated when the chocolate is melted (same as Lily’s). But once it has cooled down in the fridge the problem is solved.
You can pretty much use whatever sweetener floats your boat. But it must be powdered. You can use allulose (my favorite because no aftertaste, just be sure to add 30% more as it’s less sweet!). Lakanto Golden and xylitol (non-corn though to avoid tummy troubles!).
So get your blender out, make sure it’s completely dry, and process your sweetener of choice until powdered. Just make sure you wait a few moments for the dust to settle before opening the blender or food processor.
And if using xylitol, make sure to be careful if you have a pup around the house, as it’s highly toxic to the little guys! 🐕
Paleo & Keto Cookie Dough (i.e. Fat Bombs!)
Oh, and if baking with cups rather than grams is your thing, just click on US Cups for an instant conversion.
- Add almond flour to a dry skillet or pan, and toast over medium heat until golden and fragrant (3-6 minutes). Remove from pan, whisk in salt and set aside to cool completely (very important!).
- Cream butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer, 2-3 minutes. Add in sweetener and continue to beat until thoroughly mixed and much of the sweetener has dissolved. Add in vanilla extract and beat until just combined.
- With your mixer on low, add in half of your almond flour mixture- mixing until just incorporated. Mix in the rest and fold in chocolate chips.
- Wrap cookie dough with cling film (saran wrap) and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Spoon out cookie dough and roll into rounds. Keep in the fridge for up to 5 days and in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Optional chocolate coating: place cookie dough fat bombs in the freezer for 15 minutes. Meanwhile melt chocolate for coating in a water bath or microwave, set aside to cool slightly. Dip cookie dough into chocolate, place in a parchment paper-lined tray, sprinkle with sea salt (optional), and refrigerate to set.