These gluten free and keto flourless peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies are definitely some of the easiest, yet tastiest, low carb cookies you could possibly whip up!
Keto Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies 🥜
With Nice ‘N Big Chocolate Chunks!
These easy keto cookies exploit the classic combo that is peanut butter-chocolate, and in the best of ways. Think sugar free and low carb goodies that are moist, tender, and lightly chewy.
The best part? Totally flourless and with pantry-staple ingredients.
What’s also ideal about these guys, is that you can freeze them shaped and bake them straight off the freezer. Handy for a rainy day. 🌧
Looking for more peanut butter-chocolate keto sweet treats? Check out our chocolate & pb eggs!
The Peanut Butter 🥜
When it comes to peanut butter, and nut butters in general, we always prefer the homemade route. Though of course, most raw peanut butters will work the charm here as well.
Just note that you want to purchase the variety that is liquid at room temperature. Yes, the one were the oil separates if you leave it out unstirred for too long! You see, any other variety has had the peanut oil drained to keep it solid (or thickeners and stuff added)…! And if you’re keto, this means that they’ve cheated you out of the fat, and automatically upped your protein and carb ratios. Plus, it will yield dry cookies (because they’ve removed a bunch of the natural fat… duh!).
Also note that how much your cookies will spread depends on your peanut butter. Which is why, for best texture, you absolute must place your shaped cookies in the freezer for at least 15 minutes.
The Sweetener 🍯
You’ve got options here. Think Swerve, Pyure (at half the amount) and xylitol. Xylitol takes (much) longer to dry out though, so just keep that in mind. The peanut butter is so good at masking aftertastes.
And if using xylitol, make sure to be careful if you have a pup around the house, as it’s highly toxic to the little guys! 🐕
Oh, and if just gluten free (or not restricted by sugars), simply sub 1-to-1 with regular or coconut sugar.
Keto Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Cream butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer. Add in sweetener and continue to beat until light, fluffy and thoroughly mixed.
- Mix In vanilla extract, baking soda and salt. Add egg and mix until just incorporated. The mixture will appear slightly 'broken' (i.e. not thoroughly smooth). Mix in peanut butter and beat until thoroughly incorporated. If your mixture is too runny now (ours was), wait to add the chocolate chunks post chilling (or they'll sink to the bottom..!).
- Cover with cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Using an ice cream scoop or large spoon, scoop out the dough. Place in a baking mat or parchment paper-lined baking tray. Add in chocolate chunks and flatten slightly (see pictures for reference). Freeze for 15 minutes prior to baking.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (we did 7), until they just begin to brown around the edges (but be sure to not let them brown!). Sprinkle with flakey sea salt (optional). They'll be very fragile post bake, particularly if you used xylitol.
- Allow to cool completely before digging (seriously, the taste is so much better!), and store in an airtight container for 4-5 days. Though feel free to freeze the shaped dough and bake straight from the freezer (adding a few minutes to baking time).