30-Minute Keto Chicken Tarragon Zoodles 🍗
i.e. Speeeedy 💨
These keto chicken tarragon zoodles make for an ideal weeknight meal. Suuuuper speedy, without sacrificing any taste. Fact is, few chicken breasts will be as tender and juicy as these.
The trick? A brief poach in white wine. Or even broth if no wine is at hand.
There’s something just right about mixing lightly sautéed zucchini with this super fragrant and tender chicken. Oh, and let’s not forget the ricotta, one of our favorite cheeses for sure.
The chicken breasts are first browned, followed by a brief poach in a dry white wine with sautéed shallots. This ensures an ultra juicy result time and time again.
Gotta love pasta night. 🍝
With just 2g net carbs for the tarragon chicken (and at roughly 3-8g for the zoodles, depending on serving size), it makes for an ideal weeknight dinner.
30-Minute Tarragon Chicken Zoodles 🍗
For the tarragon chicken
For the zoodles
- 4-8 zucchini spiralized
- 2-4 cloves garlic ran through a press, to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- 125 g fresh ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon chopped
- Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- lemon (optional, to taste)
- Season chicken breasts with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Heat up olive oil in Dutch oven or pot over medium/high heat. Add garlic and shallots and sauté until nearly browned, 10-12 minutes. Add tarragon and sauté for 2 more minutes. Remove from the Dutch oven into a bowl, and set aside.
- Lower heat to medium/low, heat up more olive oil and add chicken breasts. Cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Add the tarragon shallots back into the Dutch oven, and pour in white wine. Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes, turning chicken half way through.
- Check the chicken is cooked through by making a small cut into the thickest part and ensuring the juices run clear. If not, simmer for a few minutes longer and check again.
- Remove chicken from Dutch oven and allow to rest for a few minutes while you sauté the zoodles. Heat up olive oil in Dutch pan over medium heat and add in the garlic. Sauté until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add in the zoodles and cook until lightly softened (but not fully overcooked), 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in ricotta.
- Serve ricotta zoodles right away, topped with the tarragon chicken and finished off with a touch more fresh tarragon, parmesan and freshly squeezed lemon juice (optional).